Fa-la-la...



0 comments
 With the Christmas celebrations over, I was able to enjoy a little craft time and couldn't wait to play with some of the gorgeous new goodies I received from StudioForty.



I paired up some of their fun stamps, stickers and die-cuts to create a layout with one of my favourite festive pics.


I love a versatile stamp set and even though the 'Exploring' stamps are not necessarily Christmas themed, I was able to use the gorgeous branch designs to create a cute tree for my festive layout by stamping the branches in a simple triangular shape. 


 To vary the size of the branches, I only applied ink to a portion of the stamp at a time - adding more ink and more of the design as I went down the tree. Once I had the basic shape stamped, I built up the layers to create a fuller tree then cut out the design and added a layer of pretty gold foiled vellum over the top. I like the way the vellum softens the stamping and hides some of the imperfections while also creating the look of twinkling lights on the tree. 


I added a few cute designs from the 'Winter is Coming' Die-cut Elements, and used the 'Winter is Coming' Candy Cane Alphabet Stickers to create my title.


Thanks for stopping by xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post