chipboard, paint and flowers...



2 comments
I hope you've all had a nice break over Easter? I have been loving all the extra late night scrapping time thanks to school holidays and have created lots of new layouts but before I get to those, here's the last of the product based challenges I set over at Scrapz.Biz last month.
I wasn't sure how I'd go with the flower challenge because most of my pages are about my boys, but I was very happy with the results of mixing up Authentique's Celebrate range with some fun paper rosettes and rolled denim & felt flowers.
The page was created as a ''base jump" challenge which is where you are provided with basic elements on our base page design which you then build on by adding in your photos, embellishments, title, extra papers and elements you want to include.
Here's the base I started with
I tried to keep my flowers looking more boyish by choosing darker colours and contrasting textures 
but couldn't resist adding a bit bling to liven up my flower clusters
the flocked Iron-on's from Prima were awesome too :)
Next up is the layout I created for the chipboard challenge - this time it was a Scrap it Blind layout which is where you are given a set of written instructions on how to put the page together without actually seeing it first and really loved playing with Echo Park's This & That Charming collection
I covered some raw chipboard with patterned paper for a few custom accents
and also created a few layered clusters using printed chipboard from the collection

I set another 'base jump' challenge for our paint theme and really enjoyed getting out my acrylics to have a bit of a play. This was how my 'base' page started off...
and I used a mix of Crate Paper goodness to turn it into this
I probably could have gotten a bit more adventurous with my paint techniques but do like the effect of the simple swiped border and random paint drips. 
Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you've been scrapping so I can come and have a peek :)

2 comments:

Al Hannah at: April 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM said...

Gorgeous layous Aga ... I particularly love the circles in your first layout, and all of the rosettes. Stunning!

Julie Tucker-Wolek at: April 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM said...

Wow!! These are GORGEOUS!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post