generation gap...



5 comments
I have completed my final page of the Aussie Scrap Source Generation Gap reader's challenges! It's been a really great series to take part in and I love that it got me to reflect on so many wonderful childhood memories and then share some of these memories with my own children through the pages I created.

Week 10 looked at Birthdays, Christmas and Celebrations and I decided to go with the Christmas theme because it has always been my favourite celebration.
... I have always loved Christmas and although it might seem a bit strange to celebrate a traditional Polish Christmas on the other side of the world in the middle of summer, that's how Christmas at Baba's (Nan's) house has been for over 30 years since we moved to Australia.
Wigilia which means 'vigil' is traditionally celebrated with a Christmas Eve supper after the first star appears in the evening sky. It always begins with the sharing of Oplatek (a blessed Communion like wafer) by everyone at the table to wish good health and prosperity and is followed by a meal of beetroot soup (borscht) with mushroom dumplings, sweet & savory pierogi and various fish dishes. We always have Polish cheesecake and a rolled poppyseed cake for dessert before moving onto the fun part of opening all the presents that everyone has put under the beautifully decorated tree.
I created a little accordion book to hold my journalling and extra pics, and here's some of the other details...

Week 9 looked at homes and lifestyle and I focused my layout on some of the changes in decor that have occurred in our family home.
I was recently looking through some of my mum's old photo albums and loved seeing how much things had changed inside our family home since we were growing up there. My mums house has made a dramatic transformation since the 80's and it's funny to look at all the daggy furniture and decor that use to fill it back then.

I wanted to be able to share a some of these old photos on my page and I created a pocket to hold them - these are some of the pics I've placed inside...

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Marelize at: October 26, 2011 at 1:25 AM said...

You've created 2 beautiful layouts here Aga! I love your Christmas layout and how you've done your jounaling and what a great idea to include a lot of pics in your 'home' layout! Very clever. :)

Sheree at: October 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM said...

Two beautiful pages Aga! I love the stories behind both!

Sheree xx

Alanna at: October 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM said...

My boyfriend is Polish and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Polish Christmas Eve! I love how perfect it is that we spend Christmas Eve with his family and then Christmas Day with mine! And I can't wait to continue the Christmas Eve tradition with our own children.

I love both your LOs, they are absolutely beautiful :)

Kerryn at: October 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM said...

You have created so many fabulous pages for this ASS series. Love these 2 pages as I have all of them :).

Shell at: October 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM said...

Luv how u did the journalling on the Xmas LO! Gorgeous work

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post