My computer has died :(



4 comments
I cannot believe that my computer has totally stopped working!!!

It was working fine yesterday, then last night it mysteriously turned it self off and I have not been able to get it to turn back on :(

My niece has very kindly let me use her laptop until the computer is fixed, but still feeling very miserable as all my photos and files are totally unusable - and to make things worse it's been well over 12 months since I've backed anything up.... stupid I know! and I can only hope that they will be recoverable.

So if you happen to be reading this, then let it be a reminder to back up your photos NOW just incase something like this ever happens at your place!

4 comments:

Anonymous at: June 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM said...

Aga, I totally can't believe, I thought something may have been up because your blogger update in my links turned to a green icon and stayed at 12 hours ago (how long ago you updated) so I was wondering about that. I am soooo sorry and I too hope that your stuff is recoverable. It's ironic as I spent all day yesterday backing up as a couple weeks ago I lost everything to, but thankfully was able to turn back on and recover. There is certainly some X Files stuff happening lately. I am praying for you sweetie, your friend, Tiff :o)

Anonymous at: June 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

It is probably the mother board which has died. Happened to my computer a few years ago too. My brother was able to retrieve everything off the harddrive and rebuild the whole computer for me. Lucky for me. Now I always put all the good photos I want to print onto discs before I remove them from the digital camera just in case. Hope all goes well for you.

Nicole at: June 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM said...

I'm just saving everything onto my external hard drive as I'm typing this. Have had too many close calls and i think I'd smack myself if I didn't do it now.

xx

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer at: June 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

Oh Aga, I hope you can recover all your photos and files! Thankfully, I do back mine up although I'm a few months behind so I better get onto it now as you just never know what can happen. My laptop plays silly buggers at the best of times and I simply don't trust computers!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post